Thursday, December 18, 2008

What issue(s) are you most concerned with and that you want to do something about?

What I've noticed in every school I've visited is segregation. Where ever I go, there always seems to be segregation and so much of it that even I might start thinking its natural. I want to write about segregation before I lose this feeling on how bad this may become. I'm glad that there hasn't been intended harassing going on, but I still see some very segregated groups. One day, I hope that I'll find a school that everyone can freely talk to another person without looking like a total weirdo. In most schools, I see a lot of racial segregation and academic segregation. There are always "atheletic" groups, "academic groups" and "racial" groups. They always seem to claim a "territory" on school and never leave the spot during lunch and its always the same group of people. Maybe this might be a good thing, where everyone has their own unique personality but I have a feeling that when people are too different from one another, fights will stir up.

No comments: